Parent consultations and family consultations are an important part of the OTFC Group process
There are many reasons a parent or carer would like to meet with a member of our clinical team without their child present and this is something we welcome at the OTFC Group.
A parent consult can either be a face-to-face meeting, phone call or Zoom meeting at a mutually agreeable time. Reasons for a parent consult could include wanting to discuss the findings and recommendations of an Initial Assessment, assistance in completing paperwork, assistance with school support, homework activities or even funding queries.
It is important to us that you feel supported so please do not hesitate to make contact with admin to book a time to catch up with any member of our team.
OTFC Group has a resident family consultant available for individual home visits through a referral from your OTFC Group occupational therapist.
This service can be recommended:
- Following your initial consultation with the Assessment Team and whilst your child is waiting to start their occupational therapy sessions.
- As an adjunct to your current therapy block.
- At the completion of your child’s therapy block to help facilitate a transition from therapeutic interventions at the clinic.
During a home visit, our OTFC Group family consultant will provide support to both your child and you across a range of areas that might include:
- Developing a program of targeted therapy exercises that can be executed in your home environment on an ongoing basis.
- Problems with regard to toileting and toilet training.
- Difficulties with sleep.
- Ideas for sibling co-operation and play.
- Behavioural issues and difficulties.
Our OTFC Group family consultant helps families integrate the therapy outcomes built upon in the OTFC clinic space within your own home. This service provides the opportunity to consolidate skills for your child as the family consultant helps educate you on how support this learning in being transferrable.
Feel free to ask your occupational therapist at the OTFC Group for further information regarding the referral process involved in accessing this kind of support, or please email@example.com.