COVID-19 MANAGEMENT DIRECTION
Please see the following steps OTFC Group are taking to ensure safety of the families and clients that attend our practices:
Vaccination Status: Please note, under the South Australia Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination No 7) (COVID-19) Direction 2022, all OTFC Employees/Contractors are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks: OTFC Group have taken necessary measures to ensure staff have access to PPE as required for the protection of themselves and clients. Masks for staff are mandatory as is regular hand hygiene. The use of PPE will remain in place for close contacts of known positive cases or when deemed necessary by OTFC Staff. The use of full PPE is mandatory for any classroom contacts. All OTFC Staff are trained in Infection prevention and control.
Distancing Measures: All OTFC Therapists are practicing vigilance in the joint therapy spaces with social games and interactions between clients. When necessary, OTs will not allow clients to engage in joint games if this poses an infection risk to clients. We ask all visitors to maintain distance from others in the waiting room. All Reception desks are fitted with protective screens.
Cleaning: All OTFC spaces are cleaned at the end of each 1:1 or group session by the OT’s as well as after hours by a professional cleaning company. Linen is changed regularly. Our admin team, clean the reception and waiting areas consistently throughout the day.
Teletherapy: OTFC Therapists have all been trained in providing teletherapy services to clients who are unable to attend due to illness. Please chat to admin about booking these sessions in if you are unwell, are isolating or taking precautionary measures.
What we kindly ask of those that visit us to please:
- DO NOT attend if your child is unwell. Please advise our admin team if your child is a classroom/household/close contact. The treating OT will put in place protective measures and wear full PPE to protect themselves. Alternate options can be discussed to replace the face-to-face session with teletherapy.
- Maintain your distance from others in the waiting room.
- Please answer the questions our client service team ask of you regarding your health and close contacts.
- Limit amount of people attending sessions. This is of note with siblings; where possible please do not bring siblings to sessions. As a long-standing practice, siblings are not allowed in therapy rooms, due to Work Health and Safety concerns.
- If willing and able, it is recommended that clients and families wear masks when in our space.
The OTFC Group reviews their COVID Management Plan regularly based on the risk assessments completed.
If you have any questions with relation to this plan, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]
We thank-you for your efforts in keeping our OTFC Community safe!