Occupational Therapy Assessment
Our client pathway process is individual to your child’s occupational therapy assessement needs
When you become a client of OTFC Group, you become a member of our extended family. We work closely with you to influence the life of your child, creating possibilities for them and making a difference to their everyday. From your perspective we become a member of your service provision team, ensuring overall positive outcomes are reached for your child and your family.
Each of our Occupational Therapists (upon your request) will work with you and the rest of your child’s allied health and education team in a multi-disciplinary model. This type of case management can be, but is not limited to:
- Occupational therapy assessment attendance at meetings via zoom
- Letters, emails or phone calls to the rest of your child’s service provision team when deemed necessary
- Referrals to other services we believe your child needs
- Recommendations to programs to help support and consolidate learning and promote growth
- Planning for the future by helping you write a Therapy Plan
- Engaging our Family Consultant to integrate clinic-based therapy with your home life
Your child sits at the heart of the OTFC Group
The Process of occupational therapy assessment
- Referral: Parent(s), health professional (doctor, psychologist, social worker, speech pathologist), a carer, educator or specialist (psychiatrist, paediatrician) can refer children to OTFC Group for an occupational therapy assessment. Alternatively, young adolescents and adults can refer themselves to OTFC.
- Initial contact: Can be made through our OTFC Group website here. Or by calling (08) 8410 4522 and our OTFC Group team will support you through the initial process.
- Information / appointments: Clients and carers can enquire about what services OTFC Group offers and whether this may be suitable to the needs of the client. There is no obligation to make a scheduled appointment. Our team will be able to provide the required information for you to determine whether our OTFC Group services are appropriate. We determine if there is need to consult an OTFC Group therapist to obtain further information, or whether it is appropriate to make an appointment for an initial consultation.
- Initial consultation: Due to the diverse nature of OTFC Group services, an initial consultation can be completed during one, two or three sessions depending on the reason for referral and the capabilities of the client.Generally, clients who are able to be formally assessed will complete 2 sessions, whilst clients requiring a semi-formal evaluation may complete one session. At times, clients will not be able to attend initial appointments and cares may wish to attend this appointment on the client’s behalf to complete a modified assessment to determine what services may be appropriate.The more detailed the information provided during the initial contact stage, the easier we will be able to assist you in determining what initial consultation will be the most beneficial.
- Questionnaires / reports / documentation: An integral part of the assessment process involves obtaining a detailed history of the client’s health, development, current strengths and current concerns. Our OTFC Group questionnaires vary depending on the age of the client.Where needed, a carer, parent or health professional might be required to assist in completing the questionnaire or complete the questionnaire on the client’s behalfIn addition, any supporting documentation (previous assessment reports, medical and developmental reports) will assist an OTFC Group therapist prior to an initial consultation in determining what assessment might be appropriate.